Starting points for GIS / Cartography
This page is situated at Department of Surveying and Mapping,
The Norwegian University of Science
and Technology (NTNU), and can be used as startpoint to find various sites
related to Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Cartography.
- Global Access to
Geographic Information via the WWW
- At this site you can edit maps and look at them on your www-program.
- the first interactive WWW GIS
- Construct your own map of Canada.
- The online guide to
geographic information about East St. Louis
- Various GIS operation in a certain area.
- Geographic Resources Analysis Support System. Public domain GIS
developed by U.S. Army Construction Engineering Research Laboratory.
- Introduction to ARC-INFO. Developed by ESRI, California.
- Notes and Study
Materials for GIS and the Geographer's Craft
- Introduction and advanced material on several subjects in the areas
of Cartography and Geographic Information Systems.
Maps Easy to Read
- Research on cartographic communication.
Archives for Maps and Geographic Information
- Among other things: some information on where to find public domain
GIS on internet. You can also find some public domain GIS stuff at the
Other GIS/Cartography sites